This project seems to have been on the go forever. It started it’s life back in February, when I purchased some Stoney Shores fibre from www.wheeldalewoolcrafts.co.uk. I spun this as thinly as I could to try and get somewhere near the finishing line of Ravelry’s LimeGreenJelly group’s 800 yard race (I got just over 500 yards which amazed me, but shows I have a way to go when it comes to spinning fine)!
I decided to use this pattern http://shop.sweetgeorgiayarns.com/products/cashsilk-fern. It took about 5 months of knitting here and there to get it to what I thought was the right length, and yesterday I finally cast off. This gave me a chance to play with some more new toys – I had bought a foam hopscotch mat and some blocking pins and not had a chance to use them until now. As you can see, it certainly grew a little:
I thought it was all done, then remembered I had ends to weave in – here is the finished article: