Well, it has been a little quiet on the blog of late, due to a spell of ill-health. However, I’m on the mend (ish) now and have been busily spinning away this week for the Tour de Fleece.
I bought a bulky flyer for my Ladybug recently. I’ll write up a post all about the flyer as it cost an eye-watering amount of money and I could find very little about it before I handed over the money. The first week of the TdF has been spent getting to grips with my new toy and experimenting with art yarn.
I had quite a productive time. I didn’t complete the projects that I had planned, I’m too easily led astray, especially with shiney new fibre and spindles. I’m pleased with what I achieved though, especially the coils!
Another Tour de Fleece project – pink merino, BFL and sugarplum angelina carded together and spun as singles. I did several hot/cold/hot/cold soaks to set the twist and felt the yarn slightly so it would all hang together, which it seems to have done, even if it is still a bit curly wurly!
Here’s my first finished spinning for the Tour de Fleece:
It’s 100g of Black Welsh Mountain fibre that I bought from World of Wool. I wanted to try out this fibre as I’d been promised a fleece, but apparently the poor old sheep are still wearing it (and must be sweating away given the weather at the moment). It was my first go at using my Ladybug in Double Drive and it worked out OK, althought I found the takeup a bit light for my taste. Thanks to the Schacht Spinners group on Ravelry for helping me to get all my string and whorls the right way round – I will try and write up what went where soon.