My first project using a batt I created is now finished:
I made three batts of various orange/rust/gold/brown shades of merino blended with some copper coloured trilobal nylon. Each batt has a slightly different style – one was layered, one was randomly blended and the other graduated from dark to light across the batt. Each batt became a single and resulted in a worsted-ish three ply yarn.
The colours lent themselves well to the Candle Flame cowl (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/candle-flame-cowl) – I managed to complete two and a half repeats of the pattern and squish in a couple of purl rows and end up with a yard or two of yarn left over – result!