A couple of posts ago I wrote up how I drumcarded a mix of fibre samples from the Fibreholics into a heathery batt in shades of pink. When we left this saga, the yarn was on the bobbin…
I decided to leave the yarn as singles, so wound them off onto the niddy noddy. Things looked quite in control at this point:
Then it came off – wheeee!
It went into very hot water, then cold, then very hot again, then cold with a bit of swishing about each time to try and felt it enough that it would hold together. By this time it was then really, really curly:
I hung it up to dry with a coat hanger hooked in the bottom of it, just to try and encourage it to de-kink a bit. By the time it was in a skein it looked better behaved:
It came out a bit thinner than I had aimed for, so another skein that goes in the big ‘I’m not quite sure what I’m going to do with this’ pile. The skinniness of this yarn is averaged out by the 200g of Light Grey Suffolk that I spun aiming for an aran-ish weight to make some nice thick boot socks with – it started well, but I got distracted and spun a couple of bobbins of really fine singles before going back to it. The second and third bobbin ended up on the thicker side so I have some 3 ply bulky-ish yarn instead.
I have been working on a record keeping system, I just need to remember to fill it in at the vital points so I can remember how I got the yarn the first time!
very beautiful 🙂