It’s nearly time for the Tour de Fleece! If you don’t know, it’s an excuse for lots of spinning, which takes place whilst the Tour de France is on. The general idea seems to be to have a good time, spin a lot and share your efforts with your fellow team members on Ravelry. I’ve signed up for two team – Team Social and Team Schacht Spinners.
I don’t really need an excuse to buy fibre, but I seem to have amassed a fair amount, in addition to my recent dyeing efforts. I’m looking forward to trying out some new techniques. I’d like to:
- Spin some more of my dyed fibre
- Try my Ladybug in double drive (I think that’s what it’s called – using string that goes round twice instead of the rubber band)
- Get some terminology straight in my head (see point above…)
- Finish spinning enough oatmeal BFL to be able to knit my Liesl.
- Try spinning something arty (deliberately, rather than passing off something that went wrong as experimental art yarn). Maybe using beads or coils?